Thursday, 21 February 2013

First Hare Prototype

Please excuse the 'less than professional' 'shopped up image, but it's late and I've had wine, but wanted to share the first 3D prototype of the Hare. Needs a lot of tweaking and pulling together, but I'm really pleased! And she/he stands on two feet, moongazing :)

Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Mad March Hares

Quick sketch, I'd love to go and see them in real life, but there aren't a LOT of them running around London.
They seem to have so much more going on than everyday bunny rabbits (though I love them too). There's something wonderfully wild and wise about their faces... 

And this is to give an idea of the articulation. I'm actually amazed at how quickly I've pulled together this first cut. It took me a few weeks on the first Ratties, with all the mistakes and teaching myself to use the software. Definitely got a system of drawing it out now... 

Tuesday, 19 February 2013

Easter Bunny sneak peek...and mini horse update.

A tiny, simple Easter Bunny, just small and cute, with a view to making a more complex articulated version in the future. 

Showing width of head, left is original, right is the new one, looks much better all round. 

Leap! Had to redesign hock joint as it was a bit weak at this tiny scale. 

Next cut tomorrow! Going to get up early and down to the laser cutter asap, it's almost tempting to go now and work overnight... Hopefully this will be the last test before final versions. I've made a Unicorn head for this scale too. As they're so small they should quite easily sit on thin metal poles, drilled into wood blocks, I could make a whole scene with them running together... 

*UPDATE* Well, I don't know if I can do a simple bunny, when I've always wanted to do a hare...they're quite elusive and strange started a sketch of that... Now that the horse is coming together I need a new project...

Tuesday, 12 February 2013

Tiny Horse Prototype

The mouth doesn't open on this one, and I will need to change the neck so it only has one rotating joint in to make it more stable (ha) at this scale...and a few tweaks of thickness etc...but I'm pretty pleased with this, will be nice to quickly and easily make them and get a little herd...